Every good party needs a crowd-pleasing dip, and we’ve got you covered this holiday season. Whether you’re throwing the ultimate New Year’s bash, a high energy superbowl party with friends, or an intimate Christmas gathering, this scoop-worthy creamy baked mushroom dip recipe will be sure to delight and satisfy your crew.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Onion, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 16 Ounces Fresh Mushrooms (Bella or Cremini work best), cleaned and sliced
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup + 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- ¼ Cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1 Slice White American Cheese, broken into small pieces
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Optional: Fresh Parsley, for garnish
Perfect Dip Pairings: Toasted Baguette Slices, Crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add garlic, onion, and thyme, and cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, and saute until tender and caramelized (6-7 minutes). Salt and pepper the mushrooms and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, cheeses, and cayenne pepper and mix with a spoon until fully combined.
- Gently fold mushrooms into cheese mixture and stir just until evenly incorporated.
- Transfer dip to a lightly-greased baking dish and sprinkle top with the remaining 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Let cool slightly before topping with fresh chopped parsley (optional) and serving alongside desired dippers. Enjoy!
15 SIMPLE WAYS TO ADD JOY TO YOUR DAY IN LESS THAN AN HOUR
Need a little extra joy in your day?
Our team has put together this FREE printable for our readers to help you infuse joy into your life quickly. Enter your name and email below and we’ll send this fun printable right over!