What better way to celebrate your dad this Father’s day than firing up the grill and making this mouth-watering Beer Cheese Burger recipe for the whole family to enjoy!
1-1½ Pounds Ground Beef
¼ Cup Ice Cold Water
½ Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Pepper
¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
4 Pretzel Buns
Onion Straws (storebought or homemade)
Optional Toppings: Dijon Mustard, Sliced Jalapenos, Arugula
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
8 Ounces Bottled Beer (can substitute chicken stock)
1 ½ Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 Ounces Cream Cheese
¾ Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
Dash of Hot Sauce
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- Prepare beer cheese first by melting butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in flour until a smooth paste forms.
- While continuously whisking, slowly pour in beer.
- Add cheese and cream cheese, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Turn off heat and stir in mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Cover with lid until ready to serve (stirring occasionally).
- In a medium-sized bowl, add ground beef, water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Gently mix with clean hands and form into four burger patties.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium and place patties onto the grill, cooking burgers until desired doneness (approximately 4-5 minutes on first side and 2-3 minutes once flipped).
- Toast and butter pretzel buns.
- To assemble burgers: Place burger patties onto prepared buns and top with a generous serving of beer cheese, followed by a handful of onion straws, and any other additional desired toppings. Enjoy!
Share This Post