Blog Call for Submissions Form
Submissions for THE JOYFUL LIFE BLOG are now closed and will re-open December 1st, 2022!
We provide relevant, engaging, and encouraging content that is intended to infuse the joy of Jesus into the hearts and homes of the women we reach. Each article on the blog should uphold The Joyful Life Mission: to inspire women to pursue joy and discover beauty in their daily lives by grounding their hearts in Christ, leading them to live and love well—for the purpose of glorifying God.
We invite solid, experienced writers, with unique and engaging voices, to share on specific topics with a ‘come alongside the reader’ perspective. The tone of our blog is gentle, encouraging, and empathetic. We are especially interested in pieces that convey a deep level of humility and understanding—from the perspective of a writer who has learned something valuable through her own struggles and experiences and wishes to share her lessons learned with others.
We look forward to reading your heartfelt words!
The Joyful Life Editorial Team
WRITER GUIDELINES & STYLE GUIDE
GENERAL BLOG SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Submission word count should be 1600-2500 words.
- Accepted submissions will be published during the fall and winter quarters on the blog—September 2022 through February 2023—so please consider the seasonality and timeframe of when your article will be published when selecting a topic to write on.
- Submissions should be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Blog posts must be written in accordance with our Statement of Faith.
BLOG STYLE GUIDE
Please download and familiarize yourself with our BLOG STYLE GUIDE prior to submitting.
GENERAL TOPICS WE REGULARLY SHARE ON THE BLOG
- Biblical Womanhood
SPECIAL TOPICS WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE COVERED
- Current Cultural Issues
- Technology’s Influence on Family
- Divorce / Single-Parenting
- Re-marriage / Blended Families
- Parenting Special Needs Children
- Infertility and Miscarriage
- Adoption and Foster Parenting
- Developing a Healthy Body Image