Write for Us
Submissions for THE JOYFUL LIFE BLOG are currently closed.
If you would like to be notified by email when submissions are open, please sign up for our writer email list below.
*IMPORTANT NOTE—Upon joining our Writer List you will immediately be sent a Welcome Email containing our Writer Guidelines PDF which includes very important information about our submission and editorial processes.
If you do not receive this email within a minute or two of submitting the form below—please check your junk mail. Adding our sending email address to your contacts will also help in making sure that our emails are delivered to your inbox in the future.
We provide relevant, engaging, and encouraging content that is intended to infuse the joy of Jesus into the hearts and homes of the women we reach. Each article on the blog should uphold The Joyful Life Mission: to inspire women to pursue joy and discover beauty in their daily lives by grounding their hearts in Christ, leading them to live and love well—for the purpose of glorifying God.
We invite solid, experienced writers, with unique and engaging voices, to share on specific topics with a ‘come alongside the reader’ perspective. The tone of our blog is gentle, encouraging, and empathetic. We are especially interested in pieces that convey a deep level of humility and understanding—from the perspective of a writer who has learned something valuable through her own struggles and experiences and wishes to share her lessons learned with others.
We look forward to reading your heartfelt words!
The Joyful Life Editorial Team
WRITER GUIDELINES & STYLE GUIDE
GENERAL BLOG SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Submission word count should be 1600-2500 words.
- Submissions should be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Please use the ESV translation for all biblical references.
- Capitalize ALL names and pronouns that refer to God (e.g., Lord, Savior, Teacher, Him, He, etc.)
- Blog posts must be written in accordance with our Statement of Faith.
BLOG STYLE GUIDE
Please download and familiarize yourself with our BLOG STYLE GUIDE prior to submitting.
GENERAL TOPICS WE REGULARLY SHARE ON THE BLOG
- Homemaking (DIYs, Recipes, Practical Home Management, etc.)
- Biblical Womanhood
SPECIAL TOPICS WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE COVERED
- Current Cultural Issues
- Technology’s Influence on Family
- Divorce / Single-Parenting
- Re-marriage / Blended Families
- Parenting Special Needs Children
- Infertility and Miscarriage
- Adoption and Foster Parenting
- Developing a Healthy Body Image