The best way to celebrate the light and beautiful seasonality of spring is inviting this elegant star to your table! Quiche—a savory tart with a hearty egg filling—makes any morning meal (or even dinner!) feel fancier. So whether you prepare it as a special savory breakfast treat or as a showstopper dish for Mother’s day brunch, this mouthwatering cheese and onion quiche recipe is sure to please!
Gruyère cheese and onion quiche recipe
- 9-inch Frozen Pie Crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, thinly sliced
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Cup Cream
- ⅓ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded Gruyère Cheese
- 4 Ounces Goat Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Peel and slice your onions as thinly as possible, by hand or using a mandolin. Break apart the rings and spread them in the bottom of the frozen pie crust.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, and sour cream together.
- Stir in the herbs, mustard, and Parmesan cheese. Add the salt and pepper.
- Spread the Gruyère cheese on top of the onions.
- Crumble the goat cheese on top next.
- Pour the egg mixture over all.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the center is set and a tester comes out clean.
- Let the quiche rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
15 SIMPLE WAYS TO ADD JOY TO YOUR DAY IN LESS THAN AN HOUR
Need a little extra joy in your day?
Our team has put together this FREE printable for our readers to help you infuse joy into your life quickly. Enter your name and email below and we’ll send this fun printable right over!
Share This Post