In the bustle of life—the endless bombardment of work, home, and present circumstance demanding our attention—it’s far too easy to lose sight of just how far the Lord has brought us. Maybe you can relate. As we open preorders for our newest issue, Spring 2021 | CREATE, kicking off the third volume of Joyful Life Magazines, we’re feeling a little nostalgic and wanted to make space to reminisce by sharing this Cherry Streusel Muffin Recipe from our first issue. Reflecting back is one of the best ways to combat spiritual amnesia and remind our present hearts just how lovingly faithful our God was, still is, and always will be.
“I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your wonders of old” (Psalm 77:11).
Read more: Canning 101: How to Make Jam at Home
After over a year of praying and planning, in the fall of 2018, we released our Premier Issue | ABIDE. Joyful Life Magazine was born out of a deep longing to be used by God to encourage women to turn their hearts and homes to Jesus and now in 2021, we gladly continue this work with the same intent—through His strength, for YOU and for His glory. So, maybe you’re new around here, or maybe you can reflect back on our beginnings right along with us. Either way, we are so happy you are here to discover heart and home inspiration, community, and encouragement.
We give all credit to God’s continued faithfulness, believing it is only through Him that we’ve released 10 print publication issues from ABIDE to CREATE. We pray with hope that He will provide many more!
There are still a few copies remaining of that first issue and we want to give you a sweet mouth-watering sneak peek inside with one of our favorite recipes—perfect for this month of celebrating all things lovely and sweet!
So when you eagerly dive into our latest 1st issue of Volume 3, snag a copy of our 1st ever issue too, and enjoy along with us the extravagant love and faithfulness of God (and these scrumptious Cherry Muffins)!
What sweet goodness from the Lord can you reflect back on today?
CHERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS
INGREDIENTS FOR MUFFINS:
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
1/2 Cup Oil
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 1/4 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
One 12 oz. Package Frozen, Pitted Cherries
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Flour
2/3 Cup Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1. Begin with topping: In a small bowl, place softened butter, flour, sugar, and salt. Use a fork or pastry cutter and mix until the streusel is crumbly.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together eggs and sugar.
3. Add vanilla, almond extract, oil, and sour cream and mix until smooth.
4. Place a sifter over the bowl and sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Mix until batter comes together. Then fold in frozen cherries.
6. Line a jumbo muffin pan with cupcake liners and fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle streusel over the top.
7. Bake at 375° F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- If making smaller muffins, reduce cooking time.
- Cooking time is based on using frozen cherries, if you’re using fresh or thawed, reduce cooking time.
Share This Post