There’s a tangible sense of joy, expectancy, and anticipation that covers the entire Advent season. Hymns sung quietly around brightly-lit trees with carefully chosen presents underneath usher us into something sacred—holy even. As Christians, the beauty of this season shouldn’t be lost on us, because there is something much deeper being reflected here. Giving gifts to those you love is one way you can share the joy of this much-anticipated season, and these simple DIY polymer clay gift tags are the perfect accent to a thoughtful present.
Our DIY will guide you through the process of creating personally-embossed tags to enhance your Christmas wrapping (or any gifts you wish to customize throughout the year). As you craft these easy and unique clay tags for the special people in your life, let the simple joy of the process fill your heart with the true meaning of the season.
CREATING POLYMER CLAY GIFT TAGS
- Polymer Clay
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Sheet
- Round Toothpicks
- Letter Stamps
- Embossing Stamps
- Textured Cloth
- Parchment Paper
- Variety of Cookie Cutters
- Seasonal Stamps
- Jute String
- Kraft Gift Tags
1. Roll out a ball of polymer clay to about ⅛” thick.
2. Cut out desired shapes with a cookie cutter.
3. With a toothpick, carefully create a tiny hole to thread the string. Decorate each tag as you wish.
4. Add words to your tag by gently pressing with a letter stamp, and/or texture by gently pressing a piece of fabric or cedar greenery over the tag.
5. Carefully transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake in a 275 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool.
8. String each tag and attach to your gifts. You can also combine a clay tag with a kraft gift tag for variety.
WANT TO MAKE THESE CLAY GIFT TAGS FOR YOURSELF?
Christmas Clay Gift Tag DIY Download!
Sign up below to receive a PDF version of this DIY tutorial so you can make these beautiful clay gift tags for your Christmas gifts this year!
Share This Post