Aromatherapy is known to be an incredible tool for promoting rest and relaxation, and these homemade sleep sachets, packed with an assortment of aromatic herbs and oils, can act as a powerful remedy to promote sleep. Gather some simple supplies to make this quick and easy herbal sleep sachet DIY, then pop it under your pillow for a fragrant and peaceful sleep.
A good night’s sleep is unquestionably important—both to our health and our sanity! And whether it’s stress, discomfort, anxiety, trouble shutting your thoughts off, over-stimulation, or whatever has you tossing and turning at night, this simple and soothing sleep sachet DIY may be just the solution you need for a restorative night’s sleep.
- Two 6-inch Squares of Lightweight Breathable Fabric (like cotton muslin or even an old cotton t-shirt)
- Thread, Needle, and Scissors
*For an even easier no-sew adaptation, you can purchase premade sachets at your local craft store. If you opt for this version, skip straight to assembling your sachet.
- Dried Lavender Flowers
- Dried Chamomile Flowers
- Dried Rose Petals
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Place the two pieces of breathable fabric together. If there is a patterned or colored side, be sure they are facing inward.
- Pin the sides (if desired) and thread your needle.
- Sew three of the four sides together, ensuring there are no gaps.
- Turn inside out, so the patterned/colored side is now showing.
- Add the herbs into a bowl and mix well with clean hands.
- Fill sachets with the dried mixture, leaving enough space at the top to tie it off.
- Add 5-8 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Use ribbon to tie sachet tightly closed.
- Shake well to incorporate oil throughout.
- Slip under your pillow, into your pillowcase, or on a bedside table and get some dreamy shut-eye.
Note: Try altering the size and shape of your sachet next time or experiment with different blends of herbs and oils. Lemon helps reduce anxiety and insomnia; mint helps ease breathing; cedar leaf helps repel bad dreams; valerian root helps ease sore muscles and calm racing thoughts. Do some research to come up with the perfect combination for your sleep needs.
Naturally, sleep results will vary from person to person, but we hope you enjoy both the calming creative work of crafting (and maybe gifting) your sachets and the serenity of a fragrant and restful night’s sleep. Sweet dreams!
Share This Post