Summer is prime fresh-ingredient season, which means it’s also prime bruschetta season! It is no wonder this tasty appetizer finds its way into just about every Italian restaurant menu and cookbook. With a foundation of toasty bread and a smothering of fresh and flavorful ingredients, all topped with drizzled olive oil, garlic, and seasonings, what’s not to love? This bacon bruschetta recipe highlights its star ingredient at the peak of meaty freshness: bright and juicy tomatoes.
Rubbing garlic onto crunchy bread slices imparts bold flavor and the added taste of bacon makes it incredibly savory. This mouthwatering summer bruschetta recipe is best served with a refreshing drink while unwinding alongside friends or family. Bon appétit!
With the addition of fresh butter lettuce, this creative spin on a classic favorite is like a classed up BLT.
TOMATO AND BACON BRUSCHETTA
6 Slices Thick-Cut Bacon
4 Garlic Cloves, peeled, roasted with the bacon
Fresh Ground Pepper
1 French Baguette
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
1 Teaspoon Stone Ground Mustard
1 Head Butter Lettuce or Romaine Leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
2-3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Place the pieces of bacon and the garlic cloves on the foil. Season with ground pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is done. Remove from oven. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Reserve the bacon grease. Place the garlic cloves into a small bowl and set aside.
- When the bacon slices have cooled, cut into bite-size pieces (about ½ inch).
- Slice the baguette into ¼ inch slices. Brush one side of each sliced baguette with the reserved bacon grease. Place the slices onto a cookie sheet.
- Toast the baguette slices for about 5 minutes or until they reach your desired crispness. Remove from oven.
- In the small bowl, smash the roasted garlic cloves with a fork or cut soft garlic into small pieces. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and mix together.
- Spread the mayo mixture on each slice of toasted baguette.
- Top the mayo with a few pieces of torn lettuce, then some sliced tomatoes.
- Finish with pieces of bacon on top. Serve and enjoy.
Download the Tomato and Bacon Bruchetta Recipe
Want to try this recipe?
Download this FREE printable for our Tomato and Bacon Bruchetta Recipe. Enter your name and email below and we’ll send this fun printable right over!
Share This Post